Life & Strife 3
Humour for Grown-Ups
Home Back to Life & Strife
Please send in your contributions! This page may not suitable for young children!
Kids Fun & Animation pages
Jokes The Frog A Prayer for the Stressed How to give a cat a pill Virtual Greetings Cards
Harrassed Mum uses this as her E-mail signature, and I love it! Grow your own dope - plant a man
The Perfect Joke
This Site is great for sending funny messages etc Send4Fun
How to Wash the Cat How to tell the Weather The Instant Online Photo
Another site I've only just found, and not checked out too much yet, but first page looks ok! OhMyGoodness.com
The Joke Shack
The Humour Archives
This Frog in a Blender programme was doing the rounds of our e-mail circuit recently - joecartoon.com has the frog and a lot more like him - and you can join in the fun without having to download! Not for sensitive souls!
This poem was sent in by Sue Jackson. Perhaps I should warn that's it's for adults only!!
for the Stressed: A Meditation
How to give a cat a pill (sent in by Harassed Mum)
1) Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2) Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
3) Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
4) Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
5) Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden. 6) Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.
7) Retrieve cat from curtain rail, and get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
8) Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.
9) Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
10) Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.
11) Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus jab. Throw Tee-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.
12) Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologise to neighbour who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil-wrap.
13) Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.
14) Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.
15) Arrange for SPCA to collect cat and ring local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.
How to give a dog a pill
1) Wrap it in bacon.
To use one of these images in the Discussion Forum
If you want to use one of the animations on this page, simply copy and paste the following code into the forum message box, replacing "mouse" with the name of the image file you want to use.
When you place your cursor over the image on this page, you will see the name of the .gif file. All the image files are listed on the Animated Gifs Index page
Other forums (and some chat rooms) may only need the internet address (without the code).
If using Outlook or Outlook Express - click on Format, then select "Rich Text (HTML)"
Then simply copy and paste the picture (not the code) into the E-Mail message
17 March 2002 Date last updated