Built in 1920 the Mi Amigo had served as a coaster until 1961.
In 1962 the 470 Ton M.V. Mi Amigo appeared briefly as the Swedish
pirate radio station 'Radio Nord'.
On air May 9th, 1964 as ' Radio Atlanta '
but merged with ' Radio Caroline ' in July
1964. She was positioned Three and a half miles off Frinton - on -
Sea, Essex .
On board, a 50 Kw Continental Electronics transmitter tuned to 200
metres as 'Radio Atlanta' and later, in July 1964 , 'Radio Caroline'
on 259 metres.
Two generators. A 163 ft. high, quarter wavelength aerial.
Programmes, after August 14th 1967 were from 5-30 am til 2 am next
The Station 'Logo' was a bell and the 'on air' identification , 'Caroline
- the Sound of the Nation'.
After August 14th 1967 this became 'Radio Caroline International'
with it's Headquarters at Singel 160, Amsterdam, Holland.
Estimated audience figures in july 1966 , with the North ship: 8,800,000.